Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Rough day

Today was pretty good and then it was awful.

Classes went fine, breakfast was great (toast, melon, and yogurt with granola and a cup of coffee). We finished our presentations in class, which were about the best and worst moment of our life.... a little bit personal... mine were about when I went to China with the KJSO and how its bittersweet because the people in those photos, I will never be able to play with again even though they've gone on and continued their musical education profoundly. My worst moment was the entire debacle with Lukeman... and how the house made my face swell up and break out in hives for 4-5 months, how our ceiling fell on my cat, how when moving out they decided to come in early and clean everything out (including my piano) and throw it away. And how I sued them for it. Continuing on in class we spoke about future tenses of verbs, events occurring with nature in latin american countries and our final presentations.

I had a great lunch of beans, rice, some noodle salad, roasted cauliflower, and a chickpea soup. And then I went to have a lesson with Isabel, this is where I found out that my phone doesn't have data. I had no way to contact her to let her know I was at her house so I rang the bell at her neighbors, who didn't answer, rang the bell of the business next door and was able to use their phone. Had a good lesson, went really well and we're progressing.

The next step was getting home.... I stopped in a cafe to use their wifi to look up a bus route. Got to the bus stop on time, got on the right bus it told me to and I'm following it along and then it makes a wrong turn and I pull the string to get off but he doesn't stop... so I go to the front and ask him if I can get off at this Stop sign. He says no... So I stay on the bus and he finally stops halfway to Heredia... as of which I had an appointment for allergy shots at 5pm. Its now 4:30p and I have to walk to a different bus stop but I'm too far away from the bus stop to calculate the correct time to get on a bus because I'm already to late and missed it, and I can't look up another bus because I don't have data. So I walk all the way home. And I sweat through every piece of clothing I'm wearing and I get home at 4:50p... I'm not going to my appointment.

Em

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a rough day. Keep your head up. It will get better. Just one of those days....

    ReplyDelete