Thursday, January 10, 2019

Alright

Alright,

To begin with I believe 'Alright' is becoming my new favorite word. It makes a great conversation starter weather you use your upset alright or just the polite alright rather than saying 'um.' But I'm not sure if replacing a brain stutter, or a pause of saying the word 'um' with 'alright' is better because its still a filler word to give you time to figure out what to say.

ANYWAY...

The start to the new semester has been... just.... wow. I'm super excited to be back to music school because Dr. Rose is back!!! AND I'm taking Spanish again, except this time its Spanish lit and its a ton of reading... not in my primary language. Oh and also I'm working 25-30 hours a week as a barista at Starbucks, that's new as of last fall, October. Which means I wake up at 5am every day, most days I work from 6a-9a prior to going to class and some days they even have me come in after class in the evening to help close so I can get as many hours as possible. And even when I don't work I figured it'd be best for me to still wake up at the same time because now; I have time to blog and finish readings that I didn't have time for earlier this week and possibly even get in a warm up before classes start. I'm not sure how long this overachiever Emily will last - hopefully its all semester because I see healthy habits forming if I can keep going to bed around 8 or 9p....

On the other hand I am completely worried about this semester, I'm taking 17 credits but most of my classes are 'me' classes such as Orchestra, Private Lessons, Modern and Jogging (which I found out is a lecture, a lab and then we finally run... inside...). Which all of these classes for me are an incredible amount of fun so I don't mind doing some work for them. But then I also have to take Counterpoint (how to write music part against part and following the correct rules), World Music (WHICH WE HAVE A 1250 WORD PAPER DUE ON MONDAY!!! WHICH ALREADY HAS TO DO WITH CHOOSING YOUR FATE OF THE TOPIC FOR YOUR FINAL TERM PAPER!),
                    im only slightly worried
I'm also taking Spanish Lit which is going to be... lit. But Between World music and Spanish Lit I have an UNGODLY amount of reading to do....


In my non academic life (non bassoon life - we'll get to that later), I am making time to go to the gym and church once a week with my mom Saturday evenings and I'm super excited because A) I get to go to the gym and will have a motivation buddy and B) I feel that I really want some more knowledge about church and I want to learn more on the history and subjects of it.

I recently submitted my application to be a camp counselor at Interlochen Fine Arts Camp for this summer, and I'm submitting applications to both Sarasota music festival (which would be awesome because if you get in its free and I could study with Frank Morelli - New York phil and Julliard, and Hot springs which is in Alabama, also a great music festival many people from Dr. Roses studio have attended.

Anyway I'm off to an early morning warmup,
Have a great day!

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment