Saturday, March 7, 2020

Big differences

I am noticing that my Spanish is getting A LOT better. I no longer have to really focus on the words people say to understand them clearly. I am also noticing that English sounds weird. If I’m walking down the street alone and I hear English it’s an immediate ‘WAIT, that doesn’t sound right...’ which is such a funny thing when your mother language becomes uncommon to your own brain. Big mind blown. But I am also seeing a ton of English print on shirts and they’re hilarious! Most of them have correct grammar and syntax - for example my house sister doesn’t really speak English, she knows some words but hasn’t had an interest to fully learn the language yet. She has a shirt that says something along the lines of ‘why by racist, or homophobic (and a bunch of other things I can’tremember) but she was wearing it at dinner next to our ‘abuelo’ (grandfather) who is extremely homophobic. I’m not sure if it was a retaliation towards him, or if she knew what the shirt said in it’s entirety but I do know she is one of my favorite people.

Today we are traveling to the Toucan Rescue Ranch in the mountains. I’m excited to see my old roommate (she spent a month living with us to learn Spanish and moved up to the mountains for an internship at the rescue. I am questioning why when our program told us to wear pants and closed toe shoes that there are some wearing Sandler’s and shorts. I’m not sure if some of these people have been on a farm or near animals like this before... could be interesting ;) 

I have decided and signed up to run a half marathon on the 3rd of May (hooray borgess marathon!) but ive Gad a bit o f an upset stomach lately and I’m a little worried about my longer runs and fueling when it mes to that. We will see how it goes. Today I have to do 3 miles and tomorrow 4 because I’m hanging out with my tico family Saturday. 

I’ve really been enjoying the Fasch it’s so much fun to play and I think I really enjoy playing baroque and baroque French pieces And super modern pieces. There is no in between. I’ve been trying to practice a lot more lately but it’s so hot during the day it’s more of a workout with me being drenched in sweat. I do practice after dinner most nights but I try to stop around 8/9. 






No comments:

Post a Comment